THE GEORGE - Marina, Residences & Hotel
Comprising 118 hotel units and 40 condominium residences, including 4 affordable homes, the George Hotel will be planned as a “people place,” connecting people and community. The architectural design includes pedestrian-friendly two level waterfront and Gower Point Rd - street front elevations. An attractive terraced design will include four levels of hotel suites and five level of condominium residential homes. The hotel will also, include a Health and Wellness Centre. The waterfront amenities will connect to an expanded wharf area with restaurant, food concessions and indoor/outdoor gathering spaces.
“The George Hotel will protect the environment and enhance the existing waterfront.”
- This hotel will meet the Smart Growth mandate laid out in the Harbour Plan for attaining environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Project will aim for a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold construction standard.
- The building foundation will be designed to ensure the Gibsons aquifer is not impacted.
- Marine consultant and planner working closely with Dept. of Fisheries and Oceans to protect the waterfront ecosystem.
- Extension of the current SeaWalk and the new expanded wharf will create a contiguous and dynamic waterfront experience.
- The Seawalk and building construction will start above the 3 metre high tide requirements.
The George Hotel will feature a 300-person sit-down dinner capacity conference facility, separate breakout meeting rooms, a comprehensive health and wellness centre, pools, marina retail, waterfront café and restaurant as well and a central plaza designed to interface with the hotel lobby and host a variety of uses (art fairs and displays).
“The George Hotel will create a new social and cultural hub in Gibsons Landing.”
- A spectacular walk-through plaza will connect Gower Point Rd, the hotel amenities and the waterfront to new spaces and places to meet, enjoy and to relax with family and friends.
- Art niches and special locations throughout the property will host local art installations. Expanded waterfront wharf and Seawalk will create new opportunities for live music, outdoor eating and quiet strolls at sunset. Marine expansion will provide transient moorage for larger boats not able to moor in the harbour currently.
The video below was produced by Council to educate the community about the process to evaluate the proposal for the George Hotel and Residences in Gibsons Landing, Gibsons, BC. It is a great way to get to understand the care and time put into understanding how The George will become a leading part of the Gibson community.