THE GEORGE - Marina, Residences & Hotel
Comprising 118 hotel units and 40 condominium residences, the George Hotel and Private Residences will be planned as a “people place,” connecting people, visitors and the community. The architectural design includes pedestrian-friendly waterfront and Gower Point Road street front elevations. The attractive terraced design features glass, stone, metal and shingled siding overlooking the Gibsons Harbour and Marina. The hotel will host a state of the art 21,000 s.f. Health and Wellness Centre, five star level service, and a conference/meeting facility to attract corporate retreat and convention business to Gibsons and area. The waterfront amenities will connect to Gibsons Landing via a new Seawalk, an expanded wharf area with a restaurant, and indoor/outdoor gathering spaces and view plaza.
“The George Hotel will protect the environment and enhance the existing waterfront.”
The George meets the Smart Growth mandate laid out in the Town of Gibsons Harbour Plan for attaining environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- George will aim for a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold construction standard.
- The building foundation will be designed to ensure the Gibsons aquifer is not impacted.
- Marine consultant and planner working closely with Dept. of Fisheries and Oceans to protect the waterfront ecosystem.
- Extension of the current SeaWalk and the new expanded wharf will create a contiguous and dynamic waterfront experience.
- The new Seawalk and building construction will start above the 3 metre high tide requirements.
The George Hotel will feature a 300-person sit-down dinner capacity conference facility, separate breakout meeting rooms, a comprehensive health and wellness centre, pools, marina retail, waterfront café and restaurant as well and a central plaza designed to interface with the hotel lobby and host a variety of uses (art fairs and displays).
“The George Hotel will create a new social and cultural hub in Gibsons Landing.”
- A spectacular walk-through plaza will connect Gower Point Rd, the hotel amenities and the waterfront to new spaces and places to meet, enjoy and to relax with family and friends.
- Art niches and special locations throughout the property will host local art installations. Expanded waterfront wharf and Seawalk will create new opportunities for live music, outdoor eating and quiet strolls at sunset. Marine expansion will provide transient moorage for larger boats not able to moor in the harbour currently.